The main structure of this protocol is as follows:
- Single 8 bit byte
- Bits 2 - 7 form the data part of the byte
- This holds the range of data that should be mapped to some parameter as shown in the command part of the byte
- Bits 0 - 1 form the command part of the byte
- This indicates which parameter the data part of the byte should control
- The range of data and types of parameters are listed in the table below
This method of data transfer is a little more dangerous than my previous attempts in that more can go wrong in the transmission. However, the rewards far outshine the negative aspects at this point.
- Monophonic ie. only one note can be played at a time (unchanged)
- Choice of 16 steps of volume (unchanged)
- Choice of 1024 different pitches (up from 16 previously)
- Choice of noise or tone (no choice previously)
- Choice of 32 different noise-shaping steps (up from 16 previously)
Below, you can see a video of the protocol 0.01a in use.